Monday 10 March 2014

Garnier - Fresh Refining Toner

Hi lovey's!
I'm going to start off by saying I don't think I've ever slated a product here in Wonderland before; as in I've never dedicated a whole post to something that was awful. This little slice of the internet is for happy, pretty and lovely thing's, and not for nasty thing's that set your skin on fire. With that been said, I feel that this post is necessary.

A couple of weeks back, my local Boot's were having a 2 for €5 on all their Garneir products. Now, if you've been reading for a while you'll know my thought on the Garneir cleansers, I love them. That day, however, I was in need of a new toner and decided to try out one of the Garnier ones, I picked up this one but it had kind of fallen into the never ending box of products I own because I've been religiously using my Boots own brand toner that I am honestly in love with and have been for about 2 years now. 

I decided I should give this bad boy a go though seeing as I had it really, and my god. Never again, never. After my normal routine of make up removal I applied it and almost instantly my skin began to tingle, which is never a good sign, but by the time I got to the bathroom to wash it off my face was full force burning. It was so horrible! I washed my face and applied some moisturiser and even a face oil over it but my skin tingled for hours after. I honestly think this stuff is made from acid!

Really not impressed, not cool Garnier, not cool!

Have any of you tried it or am I just loosing my marbles?


2 comments:

  1. I have tried their one for sensitive skin, its a blue bottle and its the only one that doesn't make my skin burn although i have only used it twice as i don't feel the need for toner and have extremely sensitive skin so don't wanna risk anything :-P
    www.bloggingitbeautiful.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I have to be realllly careful with Garnier products! Anything they sell that is targeted at spots, pores, oil, etc burns my skin! It's awful when skincare does that too, I used a Clinique toner once and it actually burned my skin - it took a couple of months for my skin to get back to normal! xx

    www.lipgloss-and-lashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete